We are delighted to announce that our memory café will officially open this afternoon at 2:30 pm to 4:30pm at the Montague Burton Resource Centre, Banstead Street West, Leeds, LS8 5RU.
The café is open to individuals with dementia and memory loss and their carers and provides an opportunity for both the carer and the cared for to be looked after by our staff and volunteers.
The café will be run by Café Development Workers who are fully trained and experienced in working with people with memory loss and will be fully supported by Dementia Services Development Manager, Paula Cox.
Paula commented “Staff and Volunteers at the café are qualified nurses who have professional and personal experience of caring for people with dementia and, I have no doubt, will give confidence to carers out there who need support with their carer role as well as communicating well with those attending who have dementia. They have the perfect mix of efficiency, warmth and caring nature”.
Along with a cup of tea, slice of cake and a warm welcome attendees can expect dementia specific activities to form part of each café session and it will be a social gathering for a very special group of people who will benefit greatly we hope.
If you or anyone you know is caring for somebody with memory loss then please come along and spread the word. The café will run on the following dates:
- October 23rd – Getting to know you
- November 13th – Songs of Percy French
- November 27th – Contented Dementia
- December 11th – Carols around the Christmas tree, mince pies
- January 8th – Shaking off those Winter Blues
- January 22nd – Guest Speaker
- February 12th – Guest Speaker
- February 26th – A trip down memory lane
- March 12th – Easter Crafts
- March 26th – Easter Cake Sale
Call us for further information on : 0113 2625614