We are currently recruiting for our service, Aran Home Support, and are looking for warm, caring people, who can embrace our ethos of care, culture and community to deliver high quality support to people with dementia or memory loss in their own homes.
Ideally candidates should have:
- An understanding of dementia and its impact on the individual and their family
- A mature outlook and ability to relate to older people
- A patient, kind and caring nature
- Good listening skills
- Good writing skills and have good spoken English
- An understanding of what being culturally sensitive means
- A Skills for Care Certificate and/or experience of caring for someone with dementia
- An aptitude for learning and willingness to develop new skills
- A clean driving licence and use of a car
In return Leeds Irish Health and Homes offer a minimum hourly rate of £8.68 per hour, sick pay, holiday pay, mileage expenses, pension, relevant training, supervision, guidance and support.
For more information please read the job description.
To apply for this role please download and complete the application form and equality and diversity forms and email to: email@example.com or post to: Leeds Irish Health and Homes, Unit 5, Gemini Park, Sheepscar Way, LS7 3JB.
For an informal chat please contact the LIHH offices on 0113 2625614 and ask to speak to Paula Cox, Dementia Services Manager.
Interviews take place on Friday 14th September, 2018 at LIHH’s offices.
Closing date is Friday 7th September, 2018 at 5.00pm
Successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check.